Darxus on Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:00:06 -0400

Re: PLUG letterhead (was: Re: [PLUG] Fwd: plug meeting at usip.edu - fyi)

On 07/12, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 03:11:59PM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> > "Philadephia Area Linux...."
>
> Cool. You might want to tell the web page that. ;^>

Wow, you're right.  I think that's fixed now.  Let me know if I missed
anything.

> > But that wasn't one of your options.  Is "User's" gramatically correct ?
>
> Heh. Only if there's only one user. ;^>

Right.

> > Guess not.  In addtion to the 3 mentioned so far, I have also used
> > "Philadelphia Area User Group".
>
> Ooo... I actually like that best. It completely avoids the issue of
> the possessive and implies both the "of" and "for" sense. Sweet.

Okay.  I'll like, work on switching that in the website at some point.

> > Gabriel, maybe you should just pick one, and let us know :)
>
> Heh.
>
> Sorry I didn't make it to last night's meeting. I got hung up
> explaining how a cluster of research computers works to a professor
> and underclass student. Oh well, three weeks...

You should've tied him up & drug him to the meeting.  Guillermo, the guy
who built the thing, was there, and told us a bit about it.  Actually, you
should probably get this person to talk to Guillermo.

Everybody agree on PLUG's long name being the
"Philadelphia area Linux User Group" ?

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com