Bill Jonas on Sun, 29 Jul 2001 13:20:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Printer setup for dummies

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 09:58:45PM -0400, John Beck wrote:
> Would anyone be kind enough to provide detailed, step by step
> instructions (read: Printer Setup for Dummies :-) on how to setup my
> printer in Slackware 8.0 (kernel 2.2.19, Gnome 1.4).

It's been a little while since I used Slackware, but ISTR that in the
welcome email you get upon successful install, Pat says to use apsfilter
to help get your printer set up.

I've never had much luck with it myself, but...

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin