Kevin Brosius on Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:00:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Connection to x-server refused

Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:59:17PM +0000, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> > Could the opposite be possible?  That is, could a disk space shortage,
> > exacerbated by temp files, either be preventing these files from being
> > written to disk, or overwriting them?  I'm not getting any warnings, but
> > disk space is a bit tight on this machine.
>
> I'd think that in that case you wouldn't be able to start X at all.
>
> Can somebody else jump in here with ideas?

Well, if you don't see anything unusual at the end of /var/log/messages,
then I'd head over to http://www.xfree86.org and post the same question
on the xpert mailing list.  Also, Redhat 6.2 is old enough that you are
running a couple versions back from the latest XFree86, so this may be a
resolved issue.

Out of curiosity, is it any program or one specific program you can't
start?  Can you start another xterm when this happens, or do they fail
also?  If you have an xterm up, then close one, can you start another
one?

--
Kevin