Michael C. Toren on Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:45:50 -0400

Re: [PLUG] home dns notes

> It turns out that sendmail really does care a lot about dns
> lookups. (Yes, I could have recompiled sendmail with dns off.) Well,
> so /etc/hosts wasn't good enough for sendmail, it wanted real dns.

I haven't tried tweaking this myself, but you should be able to get
around this by editing the /etc/mail/service.switch file on a Debian
system, or whatever the confSERVICE_SWITCH_FILE M4 macro is defined
as on other systems ("grep '^O.*switch' sendmail.cf" should tell you).

Not that you wanted to hear this now... :-)

-mct