pinkee on Sun, 19 Aug 2001 07:20:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 06:26:32PM +0000, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> But all of those scripts are designed to cause mischief to
> Windows/Outlook systems.  One of the benefits of using Linux is that the
> scripts have no effect on our machines.  In fact, they rarely cause
> damage to Windows/Netscape setups. 99.99% of them are targeted to

As one of the previously used arguments was that newbies may not be using a
linux client, they may not be as security minded as all us all knowing
linux gods. :) If they are using one of the less secure clients, the
risk still exists for them.  So, are we not bouncing email to help the
newbies, because we are better than all those newbies and don't need a
to protect ourselves from potential risk, or to be frubbly and nice.
This is a freaking linux user group, I have seen much more demanding
requirements to post to completely non-tech groups. Less frubbly, more
compliant is my opinion.

kristin aka pinkee

--
www.cavegirl.org