Arthur Alexion on Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:20:15 +0200

Re: [PLUG] plug meeting tonight ?

On 9/11/01, 10:39:18 AM, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote regarding [PLUG]
plug meeting tonight ?:

> Do you folks think we should have a plug meeting tonight ?  What with...

> 1) 2 planes hit the world trade center
> 2) something hit the pentagon

This is really horrible stuff that is happening far from Conshohocken.

> 3) all planes in the united states were forced to land

Were people planning on flying to the meeting?

> 4) the stock exchange was shut down

The WTC, being in the heart of the NY financial district, makes this move
inevitable, but I'm nots sure what it has to do with Postgre vs. mySQL.

> 5) the state building was hit with a car bomb

This seems to be an unconfirmed rumor.

> 6) buildings in center city philadelphia are being evacuated

Just the school and government buildings.  As much as this is a true
crisis,the closing of city government has more to do with Philly's need
to get "the local angle" on every news story that really has nothing to
do with it.

> I'm thinking there are other things I'd rather be doing tonight than
plug.

Now this is an HONEST reason to cancel the meeting.

If's on, I plan to attend (my first meeting).