Darxus on Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:50:21 +0200

Re: [PLUG] plug meeting tonight ?

On 09/11, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Has anyone heard if it's possible to give blood here to get shipped
> to either DC or NYC?

I heard Philadelphia Red Cross is shipping blood to NYC.  So I'm guessing
the number mentioned applies.

On 09/11, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> > 4) the stock exchange was shut down
>
> The WTC, being in the heart of the NY financial district, makes this move
> inevitable, but I'm nots sure what it has to do with Postgre vs. mySQL.

My primary reasons were local traffic problems, and the potential for
panic related problems.

> > 5) the state building was hit with a car bomb
>
> This seems to be an unconfirmed rumor.

Yup.

> > I'm thinking there are other things I'd rather be doing tonight than plug.
>
> Now this is an HONEST reason to cancel the meeting.
>
> If's on, I plan to attend (my first meeting).

One thing I listed was unconfirmed.  My primary motivations still apply.

On 09/11, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> Yes, and around 3 PM I got a call from someone on 28th St.  She told me
> that most people are still working in her building, primarily because
> they have no way of getting home anyway.  She expected to be working a
> normal day tomorrow.

Hence my transportation concerns.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com