JP Toto on Wed, 12 Sep 2001 01:10:23 +0200

RE: [PLUG] plug meeting tonight ?

Title: RE: [PLUG] plug meeting tonight ?

I understand they are turning people away at this point because all today's blood will expire at the same date. They would like people to return in subsequent days to give if they can to keep a steady supply going. Im O-Neg so Im heading down this week.   - JP

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of
Darxus@chaosreigns.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 6:38 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] plug meeting tonight ?

On 09/11, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Has anyone heard if it's possible to give blood here to get shipped
> to either DC or NYC?

I heard Philadelphia Red Cross is shipping blood to NYC.  So I'm guessing
the number mentioned applies.

On 09/11, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> > 4) the stock exchange was shut down
>
> The WTC, being in the heart of the NY financial district, makes this move
> inevitable, but I'm nots sure what it has to do with Postgre vs. mySQL.

My primary reasons were local traffic problems, and the potential for
panic related problems.

> > 5) the state building was hit with a car bomb
>
> This seems to be an unconfirmed rumor.

Yup.

> > I'm thinking there are other things I'd rather be doing tonight than plug.
>
> Now this is an HONEST reason to cancel the meeting.
>
> If's on, I plan to attend (my first meeting).

One thing I listed was unconfirmed.  My primary motivations still apply.

On 09/11, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> Yes, and around 3 PM I got a call from someone on 28th St.  She told me
> that most people are still working in her building, primarily because
> they have no way of getting home anyway.  She expected to be working a
> normal day tomorrow.

Hence my transportation concerns.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com