Arthur Alexion on Thu, 13 Sep 2001 00:30:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] plug meeting tonight ?

The term "terrorist" comes, obviously,  from the word "terror".  Fear is
their primary weapon.  Their primary goal was to make us all suffer,
through the terror that they wreak on their primary victims.  The tragic
deaths of those innocent people directly resulting from their despicable
acts was not their primary goal so much as they, like the planes that
they hijacked, were weapons that they used against us all.  To create a
climate of fear in our country, to permanently interrupt our lives.

There are prudent steps that we must take, but when we stop living as we
have, when we restrict our civil liberties, we have surrendered to them,
and they have won.

I spent much of yesterday, in the car, travelling back and forth between
center city and Montgomery County.  Other than the mini rush hour,
between 11 AM and noon, I noticed very little difference from a normal
week day on the streets.  Having been in the court house when Mayor
Street decided to shut down non essential government offices, I was
mindful of that action.  I was also mindful that none of the surrounding
municipalities reacted likewise.

At that point, I saw no reason to cancel anything in our area.

Now, to take that perspective and to presume that you know anything about
my feelings for the victims, to fee you know anything about my "obnoxious
mentality" my "appalling insensitivity" is most presumtuous on your part.

Art

On 9/11/01, 7:06:47 PM, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote regarding Re: [PLUG]
plug meeting tonight ?:

Art Alexion                       mailto:arthur@alexion.com