Kyle R . Burton on Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:15:29 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SSH question

> I can't seem to get this to work - I did save a session (called
> "Mike-session"); however, if I type
>
> putty MJL@Mike-session

You might want to try:

  putty -ssh MJL@Mike-session

I think the documentation on Putty states that it uses port 23 by default
(which is telnet).

> (and yes, my user id on that hosts is all in CAPS)
>
> nothing happens. This is from a command prompt window in Win2K.

Nothing at all?  Try saving the session with a name that does not have a
hyphen [-] in it - that might be screwing up something in the interaction
between cmd.exe, putty and it's cmdline parsing routines.

> > I am currently using putty and pagent on win2k with the same
> public/private
> > keypair that I use under Linux with openssh and it works fine - if I don't
> > specify the username, it prompts me - if I do, it asks me for the
> passphrase.
>
> Lucky you. :-(

You can get it to work.  I didn't break any new ground.  I just read the
docs and did things step by step untill it worked.

Kyle

Enlightenment is like the reflection of the moon in water.
The moon does not get wet and the water is not separated.
        -- Hashida