Madhusudan H.R. on Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:10:28 +0200

[PLUG] Re: 802.11 Questions (ian reinhart geiser)

> On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> > I have 2 linux boxen separated by 2 floors.  My questions are as follows:
> >   a)	can i just use 2 802.11 wireless cards to connect the two?
> >   b)	what is the range on these buggers?  The construction is all wood.
> >   c)	what parts will give me the most bang for my buck...
> >   d)	how good is wireless lan support on linux?
> >
> > my goal is to keep the entire project less than $250 because that is what it
> > would cost to cable the mess....

I probably am missing something here..but if its just these two boxes you
want to connect, you might be able to get away with just the cost of an
Etherner Crossover cable (provided ofcourse they have network cards, which
I presume they do ; They cant be that old can they ??? )
+ the cost of laying it thru the wood work.

~Madhu