Paul on Sun, 30 Sep 2001 16:20:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] a different SSH question & moderated posts

One sshd_config file is not world readable, the other is.

-rw-------    1 root     root         1780 Jun 17 00:51
sshd_config

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         1.8k Aug 16 21:13
sshd_config

#       $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.38 2001/04/15 21:41:29
deraadt Exp $

# This sshd was compiled with
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

# This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file.
See sshd(8)
# for more information.

Port 22
#Protocol 2,1
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::
HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key
HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
ServerKeyBits 768
LoginGraceTime 600
KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
PermitRootLogin yes
#
# Don't read ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts yes
# Uncomment if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
RhostsRSAAuthentication
#IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes
StrictModes yes
X11Forwarding no
X11DisplayOffset 10
PrintMotd yes
#PrintLastLog no
KeepAlive yes

# Logging
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO
#obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging

RhostsAuthentication no
#
# For this to work you will also need host keys in
/usr/local/etc/ssh_known_hosts
RhostsRSAAuthentication no
# similar for protocol version 2
HostbasedAuthentication no
#
RSAAuthentication yes

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no
here!
PasswordAuthentication yes
PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Uncomment to disable s/key passwords
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

# Uncomment to enable PAM keyboard-interactive
authentication
# Warning: enabling this may bypass the setting of
'PasswordAuthentication'
#PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt yes

# To change Kerberos options
#KerberosAuthentication no
#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
#AFSTokenPassing no
#KerberosTicketCleanup no

# Kerberos TGT Passing does only work with the AFS kaserver
#KerberosTgtPassing yes

#CheckMail yes
#UseLogin no

#MaxStartups 10:30:60
#Banner /etc/issue.net
#ReverseMappingCheck yes

Subsystem       sftp    /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server