Paul on Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:30:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] SSH question

I just solved an ssh problem today. I wasn't being prompted for the
passphrase, just the password. The permissions on the public key file,
"authorized_keys" or "authorized_keys2", need to be set to read and EXECUTE.
My umask didn't set the execute bit, so I did a "chmod 700 authorized_keys?"
command. That was it.

> in sshd_config. I am not asked for a login ID or password; only for my
> key passphrase.

Hey, BTW, why do my messages need to be approved before they're posted?