Kevin Brosius on Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:49:46 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Postscript, Ghostscript, and pdf

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

(snip)

> And let's remember the fact that Postscript is really just g[l]orified
> html (in the same way that TeX is glorified html; yes, I'm aware
> that both predate html, I'm speaking to what the average populace
> will have learned first). It's really not that hard to read and
> write as a human, it's just not so hot as a composition format.
> But if I want to tweak the margins, adding a couple Postscript
> commands is far more obvious than clicking a bunch of arcanely
> labeled buttons. Imho, I guess.

I've got to disagree with the glorified html comment (and stating it as
a 'fact' is really begging the point).  The rather neat thing about
postscript is it's a programming language, somewhat akin to Forth with a
bunch of extensions and garbage collection.  html is a markup language
and rather limited in comparison.

--
Kevin Brosius