JP Toto on Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:50:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] simple Debian install?

They
> recently
> declared that they were "out of business", but you
> should be able
> to get a CD,

If I may... they aren't actually going out of business
but they are no longer going to focus on putting out a
debian distro. They are going to just do contract
services and support. Their installer is good but I
think this guys said it bombed out on him for some
reason. Best bet is to use the generic debian
installer and read some docs from the web site. There
is the Philly Debian Society linked from the Plug web
site. You could check there for some info. It's mostly
high-level discussions but you might find someone with
better suggestions than I have :-)

--- Greg Lopp <lopp@fuse.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 10:00:22AM -0700, JP Toto
> wrote:
> > If you can find a cd of Storm linux (now out of
> > business) they have a great installer.
>
> A similar story is progeny.  I've not used their
> graphical
> installer, but have heard really nice things.  They
> recently
> declared that they were "out of business", but you
> should be able
> to get a CD, install and point your apt.sources the
> same
> direction as all the other debian potato machines.

=====
JP Toto
ViceClown@yahoo.com