Paul on Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:55:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] KMail from root

> us would consider "doing everything from root" as extremely bad
> judgement.  Hopefully it won't take some traumatic experience for you
> to learn that things like sudo and user accounts exist for a reason on
> unix.

I'm not interested, at this time, in pretending that I need
the bullet-proof glass. Like Linux, Windows has its
Administrator account. Should I log out and back in every
time I want to do something administrative in Windows? (I
know it's easier to administer a Linux box.) Unless I'm
running a production system or have my PC in an open
environment like an office, working in an unprivileged
account is just an obstacle.

> Can we please stop with all the test emails now?

I was thinking the same thing, but I was wondering why this
list is the only one that has a problem with my messages
sent from Netscape Messenger. Is it spam paranoia?