gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:00:24 +0100

Re: [PLUG] I just got laid off.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 04:09:02PM -0500, M. Jackson Wilkinson wrote:
> What you might want to look at for ideas is academic institutions.

Good point. I happen to know that Haverford is probably going to
be looking for a network technician some time soon. Swarthmore is
theoretically "always hiring". There is presently one, count him
one, Unix administrator responsible for more Tru64, Solaris, and
Linux machines than I can remember the hostnames for to count.

It may not pay quite as well on the entry-level as a corporate job,
but it pays pretty damn well compared to flipping burgers. (For that
matter, it pays pretty damn well compared lots of skilled jobs like,
say, teaching music. I should know, both my parents do.)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net