William Shank on Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:18:26 -0500

RE: [PLUG] two questions...

 I noticed that SuSE's interface seemed sluggish compared to RH. Then I
realized that it wasn't using the proper 2D video card driver. Also, since
you have very little swap, that may be the culprit. I wonder how much/how
well the GUI's cache visual components?

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias DiPasquale
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: 11/21/01 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] two questions...

Well I would like to repartition my hard drive, but I am running ext3
now. Anybody know of anything, or do I have to just make a swapfile?
Thanks in advance!

P.S. In response to Mr. Shank's question, it is most decidedly the user
interfaces for KDE and GNOME that are *much* slower. Disk access, IPC
times, etc, haven't slowed down one bit. It just SEEMS slower, I think.

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

> The current Partition magic supports the resizing of ext2 & swap
> partitions.  I don't know of an open source solution.
>
> art
>
> Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
>

>>     1) Is there a way for me to increase my swap partitions without
>> having to delete existing partitions? (i.e. "grow" and "shrink"
>> partitions)

Tobias DiPasquale
Solaris System Administrator
Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.
Villanova University
mailto: anany@ece.vill.edu
tel: 610-519-5109