Jon Nelson on Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:00:16 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OT OEM software

On 29/11/01 10:46 -0500, Kyle R . Burton wrote:
> > Doesn't that just annoy the crap out of you? Take my damn money, and leave
> > me alone! :-)
>
> It was a very frustrating (insulting) experience.
>
>   "We already have Internet service, we don't want it."
>   "It's no charge."
>   "Can't we just opt out of it?"
>   "I need your information for the computer, besides, it would be like
>    throwing away two hundred dollars."
>   "I don't care, I'd really rather not have it."
>   "The computer won't let me complete the sale without signing you up.
>    If you want, you can immediately cancel it by calling the 1-800
>    number..."
    "OK, OK.  It's Bill Gates, 123 Monopoly St., Redmond, Wa 12345"
    "Uhhhhhhh....."
    "What!?!?!?  That's my info.  Doesn't it work?"

> very frustrating
>
> Kyle
>

> --

> Enter in.  Be one with the object of contemplation if you
> wish to understand.  Don't be an outside observer of life.
> Be life.
>         -- T'ao-shan
> mortis@voicenet.com                            http://www.voicenet.com/~mortis

*************NOTE NEW NEW ALT. EMAIL!!!!******************

Trooper Jon S. NELSON, Linux Certified Admin. (Sair/GNU)
Pennsylvania State Police
Computer Crimes Unit
Office:  610-344-4471
Page:  866-284-1603 (Toll Free)