gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 14 Dec 2001 19:20:19 +0100

magic xterm mail reading (was: Re: [PLUG] MUTT configuration issue)

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 10:55:23PM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> BTW:  If anybody is interested, I'll post my "XMUTT" script:
> conveniently starts an xterm, the way I like it, with MUTT.
> Oh, and it won't start two.  Integrates nicely with KDE :-)

Have you considered throwing screen into that mix? With (if memory
serves) the -r -D flags, it'll maintain exactly one mutt (or pine,
or Gnus, or whatever pleases you) process running at a time, and
destroy the old xterm when a new one is created. This is nice when
you've got a large virtual desktop and you want the read-mail window
to come to you rather than your going to it.

Or maybe this is what you're talking about?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net