Chris Beggy on Wed, 19 Dec 2001 05:20:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] interesting experiment

"Arthur S. Alexion" <arthur@alexion.com> writes:

> I use Opera a lot, and had been led to believe that it was relatively
> high in standards compliance. The article points out that MS was
> disengenuous in blaming Opera blocking on lack of standards compliance
> since MSN, itself, is not compliant. It doesn't address whether the MS
> statement was also false with regard to the extent of Opera's
> compliance. Does anyone know?

David Baron has a test suite for CSS standards compliance:

  http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/css/test/results

which shows that in 2000, Opera for Win and MSIE 5.5 for Win were
pretty close in CSS compliance.

Take a look and judge for yourself, though.

Chris