gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:32:34 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Out-of-sync gpg keys?

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:55:32PM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> What's the best way to resolve that? If Darxus gets an updated copy
> of my key from the keyserver, should he "gpg --import" it? Will that
> then just add in the differences between his copy of the key, and the
> keyserver's copy? Or will it overwrite his copy with the keyserver's
> copy?

GPG is smart enough to deal with this.

In fact, that's part of the point of the keysigning process that
comes after the meeting. (It's not just redundant that you send your
post-meeting key to Darxus in addition to all those that you've
signed, it keeps the PLUG keyring up-to-date.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net