gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:20:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Re: Mac OS X

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 09:05:27AM -0800, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>          Almost 100% true - except that you can run Windows program in
> native mode now that Virtual PC 5 is shipping!    I do all of the above all
> the time - running my traditional Mac apps, Windows apps and Unix apps
> concurrently - and best of all, I can copy and paste data between the three!!!

This maybe doesn't need to be said, but that totally rocks.

(Oh, and for the curious: yes, you can use X Window System-dependent
stuff too... not straight within Aqua, last I checked, but in a
separate virtual terminal.)

>          I'll bring my laptop to the next meeting....

Please do. I'd love to see that.

(Is it one of the shiny Powerbooks? Those are just painfully
pretty...)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net