Darxus on Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:20:18 +0100

[PLUG] Reciprocal Links for the PLUG website

I've recently gone on a reciprocal link kick.

"Reciprocal:  consisting of or functioning as a return in kind"
- Merriam-Webster OnLine

I've done this for the plug website, at
http://www.phillylinux.org/reciprocal.html

It is a list of web pages that have links to the PLUG website, based on
http://www.phillylinux.org/stats/usage_200201.html#TOPREFS

I have omitted search engines and sites that nolonger link to us.  I listed
LUG indexes seperately at the bottom of the page because they're boring.

I think it is an interesteing list.

There is a link to this page from the bottom of the main PLUG page.

If you wish to put up a list of reciprocal links on your website (because
it's nice and cool) and you have apache weblogs, you can do:

cat /var/log/apache/access.log | cut -d'"' -f4 | sort -f | uniq -ci | sort -nr | less

..replace "/var/log/apache/access.log" with the location/name of your
apache log file.  This command assumes you'r using the common "combined"
log format.  As always it is wise to read the relevant man pages for each
command to verify that I did not just deviously tell you to "rm -rf /".

--
"It's never too late to panic."
http://www.ChaosReigns.com