M. Jackson Wilkinson on Sat, 2 Feb 2002 23:50:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Re: Creating Usenet Groups and IRC channels

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 09:22:35PM +0000, jbeck@jbwd.net wrote:
> Ok, how do you get on a network with channel services?  For example, I
> think that PLUG is on irc.openprojects.net - is that what you are referring
> to?  How would you officially get "on" that channel as opposed to just
> pointing to it to go to PLUG?

Most networks have channel services... undernet, dalnet, slashnet,
openprojects.net, etc.  from an irc client, type, for instance, '/server
irc.undernet.org' to get onto undernet, and '/join #channelname' to start or
join a channel (if it's empty, you've started it).  Each network has its own
registration methods, so you should check that network's website for info
(cservice.undernet.org or whatever).

--
M. Jackson Wilkinson <jackw@jounce.net>
President - Jounce Multimedia Services