Doug Crompton on Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:27:24 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DSL Connection Speeds

>I have a feeling that DCAnet's pretty good about this.) It's quite
>possible that DCAnet (well, Covad, actually; they are also a Covad
>reseller, aren't they?) has a beefier DSLAM in the (Verizon's) CO
>than Verizon does. They want to do this well, Verizon just wants to
>sucker AOL users into giving them their money.

Ok.. So the Web DSL test sites tell me my line will not work. Where do I
begin to see if that is the final answer? Certainly not Verizon. Will
anyone "try it" to see?? I see this "DSL" as an incredible marketing mess
that COULD be very competitive to cable, but now with many cables going
fiber they will steal the whole package from the phone company. Many cable
companies are already offering digital phone services. What a shame. I
loath Comcast.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *