Forge 2000 on Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:37:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DSL Connection Speeds

If there's no CO around, there's no CO. Sorry.

I have three die-hard Comcast fanatics who are in varying stages of
switching to DSL.
Initially I got a lot of trash talk about how their burst rates were so far
above mine....
Now I match their burst with my sustained (DSL is guaranteed bandwidth,
while
cable can be quite dog-slow if you start a transfer at the wrong moment),
and my
solid upstream remains roughly 3-4X their peak.

Cable may be cheaper, but it's quickly becoming a 'you get what you pay for'
market.

- Rich