Mike Leone on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:00:16 +0100

[PLUG] ARC in Debian?

I'm trying to compile amavisd, on Debian unstable, and the makefile is failing, since I don't have arc installed.

checking for arc... no
configure: error: Sorry, you need arc

And I'm having a devil of a time finding it. I've done apt-cache searches; apt-file seraches; serached on the web page (which gives me 113 hits on "arc", mostly for "architecture".

Anybody know which package has arc, the archiving/compressing program?

And here I was hoping Debian's vaunted dependency resolver would make this easier. :-)

--
O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed;