siragtar on Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:42:19 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Samba problem

Hi, I am the guy from last night with the samba problem, my name is Bob by
the way.
I was confused because of my linux samba workgroup showing up in network
neighborhood, but with nothing inside, and if I did a net view I got the
following error:

C:\>net view \\turnip
System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

After fooling around with it today, I decided to look at the smb.conf file,
and I saw that I had messed up my 'hosts allow' directive, and though it was
legal syntactically, it was wrong. Thanks for your help, adding the ip to
LMHOSTS and HOSTS, while not directly related to this problem, answered
another question I had awhile ago, and it is always nicer to do say ping
turnip than ping 192.168.0.1