Jing Teng on Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:33:04 -0500

[PLUG] IBM Thin Client and Red Hat Linux Networking

Hi,

I have some IBM NetVista 2800 Thin Client, and a Red Hat 7.2 box. I can ping any of them from a Windows machine. But IBM NetVista box can’t ping the Linux box, and the Linux box can’t ping the NetVista either.

I used to use 3c905B TX on the Linux box, somebody recommended replace the it, and then I replaced the 3c905B with an Intel NIC, but it didn’t solve the problem.

I have a Symantic firewall, which is  also running Linux. The firewall box has the exact same problem with NetVista. So I guess that Linux might have some security features on by default which refuses the request from NetVista.  Does anybody have any suggestion on this?

Thanks

Jim