Kevin D. McAllister on Thu, 28 Feb 2002 05:30:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Tripwire setup

On the default redhat install of Tripwire, you need to edit the
/etc/tripwire/twpol.txt to match your environment.  You will notice
the critical issue in this case is the HOSTNAME variable definition in
the section labeled @@section GLOBAL.  It defaults to localhost.
Setting it to your systems hostname(1) should rectify that situation.

Plus its a really good idea to go through that twpol.txt file and make
sure that you understand it, and that it matches your environment, the
one that comes with redhat is set to match the redhat "everything"
install.

Good Luck,
Kevin