W. Chris Shank on Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:52:38 -0500

[PLUG] Cable Modem Woes

I know we have gone over the cable modem issue ad.nausium, but I need someone
to point me to a GOOD how-to for cable modem and conection sharing (ie:
firewall/router) for SuSE 7.3. I connected the cable modem to my primary
workstation instead of having a machine dedicated to the task. The dedicated
box is running eSmith server and does an excellent job and was easy to
configure. However, I cannot even get the DHCP to work on the second card in
my primary box. I would have thought SuSE7.3 would handle this better, but it
doesn't. Can anyone point me to something definitive on getting this to work?
Once I have the primary box connect directly to the cable modem, then i'll
worry about routing the rest of the network through it.

thanks