Kuzman Ganchev on Tue, 5 Mar 2002 21:50:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Changing IP Address under Debian?

The configuration file for the defaults is at

/etc/network/interfaces

(I think all you need to do is an ifdown/ifup after you change that)

You can also change it temporarily using the ifconfig command (see
ifconfig(8)). I say temporarily, because if the interface goes dowan
and up, it will switch back.

Kuzman