JP Toto on Sat, 23 Mar 2002 14:50:12 +0100

Re: Job Postings was Re: [PLUG] Another Job Opening [Network Admin - Plymouth Meeting]

Im gonna have to disagree with alot of this so far.
While I DO agree that tossing around job postings on
the PLUG list is probably inappropriate - perhaps we
could add a job section to the PLUG web site that
regulars could post to? I know there are a few links
there already... The point is that there are still
alot of unemployed folks out there who would like to
have any job... regardless of whether it's
administering NT or Unix or Linux or whatever. For you
to balk at non-linux job postings in this day and age
is bad form. Certainly I think the list should stay on
topic but to complain when a well-intentioned member
is trying to help out his fellow linux users with the
prospect of employment is just wrong.

That said... Im happy to write or help write or
upgrade the PLUG job section to allow for posts. We
could setup some kind of time limit so they'de
disapear after awhile.

Sure administering NT isn't as nice or as fun as linux
but there are some people out there who need jobs and
who wouldn't mind splitting a referral bonus. Don't
speak for them just because your job requirments allow
for linux ONLY.

- JP

=====
JP Toto