gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:00:09 +0100

Re: [PLUG] "evils of PPPOE"

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 03:01:46PM -0500, Jon Galt wrote:
> By the way, my ISP (Earthlink) does not charge by the minute.  As for the
> insecurity of ethernet (which I'm guessing you're referring to), that's
> what firewalls are for!  Or is it some negative aspect of PPP that you
> meant?

No, he's not referring to any insecurity, but suggesting that a
logon protocol running over ethernet should give people the willies.
I disagreed with that already.

Len might also have been suggesting that a terminal protocol running
over ethernet would be inappropriate, and he'd be right, but PPP's
not a terminal protocol, really.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net