Mental on Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:01:56 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Upgrading the Libranet

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 12:44, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> I don't think you're right about the window manager problem because
> of that; when you just run X, there is no windo manager.

startx doesnt exec X as the controling process. It startx up X, then
execs all the crud in your .xinitrc or .xsession or the system wide
stuff. Thats the difference. Anyways, when you just type X, it starts up
X and nothing else. Otherwise the controling prcess is the last thing
you exec from a script. When that process exits, X exits.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

I used to own an ant farm but had to give it up.  I couldn't
find tractors small enough to fit it.
--Steven Wright

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/Mental.asc