Doug Crompton on Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:07:40 -0500

Re: [PLUG] ISDN

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Kevin Brosius wrote:

> I was considering ISDN access about a year ago, before trying out
> ricochet.  My only major problem was not getting any response or contact
> from Verizon about rates/line install.  Their contact number answered
> with voice mail, and I didn't get a callback.  At the time, comments I
> read said they had moved all their ISDN staff to DSL sales.

Thanks Kevin. You did not say what you were using now. I understand
Ricochet went out of business.

Actually I will probably end up paying about $120/month for the whole
package. 2B ISDN and 24/7 static IP from a local provider. The one I
mentioned was in WA state and was not 24/7. Maybe I should call Speakeasy
or DCAnet and see if they have ISDN. I do need it dialed up all the time
though. This whole thing is so ridiculous because ISDN at 128/128 must
need a line on the order of IDSL at 144/144 but verizon won't allow an
IDSL beyond 18K feet. I have a hard time figuring this all out.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *