Samantha Samuel on Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:00:11 +0200

[PLUG] weak linux firewall?

For reasons that are not important I have win2k on a partition. My
firewall is a linux box that has only the following ports open.

Port       State       Service
21/tcp     open        ftp
22/tcp     open        ssh
80/tcp     open        http
139/tcp    open        netbios-ssn
515/tcp    open        printer
6000/tcp   open        X11
6004/tcp   open        X11:4

When surfing the internet last night, I saw an ad that claimed my pc was
insecure and had a snapshot of my hd, that had a pic of my folders and the
size of my partition. Now this worries me. I know it was a pic of my comp,
and not some generic pc because of this one folder I had.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how someone could have gotten past the
firewall and peeked into my machine?

Thanks.
--
Samantha