Gerald D. Neale on Tue, 9 Apr 2002 04:40:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date

Brian,
up2date is EXCELLENT for keeping up with errata and
plugging holes created by recent exploits quickly and
easily. It's just
up2date -u
and you no longer have to worry about the latest
exploit. I run that line in a cronscript every night
and rest easy.
Jerry
--- Brian Mohr <brian@bpmohr.com> wrote:
> OK, I am used to apt-get, but lately I have using
> Redhat because I am learning different distros.  Is
> it possible to utilize up2date for downloading rpm
> from Redhat Network.  Or is there another method.
> Or do I just stick with rpmfind or tarballs.
> Thanks.
>
> Brian Mohr

=====
The Cherry Hill Linux User's Group
meets on the first Friday of every month.
http://www.chlug.org