Samantha Samuel on Mon, 15 Apr 2002 06:20:12 +0200

[PLUG] kernel won't boot

I compiled a 2.4.18 kernel with the xfs patch. (I already am running on a
kernel with xfs support, but I forgot to compile my sound card and nfs
into the kernel, hence the recompilation).

I did all the steps (make dep, make bzImage, make modules, make
modules_install, moved the new vmlinuz to /boot and renamed current
vmlinuz to vmlinuz.old and left new one as is, and moved System.map to
/boot and typed: lilo), but when I load new kernel I get as far as:

And then it reboots again. And again. There are no error messages. Well
I see the letter 's' on the line after the one above, and then it
reboots by itself. Not sure what I did wrong.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

O. I compiled everything into the kernel, because I know exactly what I
want. But I ran make_modules anyway.

Thanx.

--
Samantha