Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:52:31 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PPPOE

> In theory I should be able to get pppd to work without needing RP PPPOE,
> which isn't working, and I have had trouble downloading the source to try

What isn't working?

> recompiling on my system.

Can't you use rpm?

> My provider is Verizon -- although I'm considering switching (there are
> issues such as requirement to purchase a modem and about 2 weeks of service
> loss during the switch).

I use verizon as well. I agree w/ switching as I'm convinced that they are
evil, but I only used rp pppoe. I know a few others here have similar
setup to mine. Why not use rp? It's one of the easier ones to setup for
linux and I've had few troubles once it got setup.

Fred