Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:51:22 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PPPOE

> I installed the RPM for RedHat 6.2. RP_PPPOE appears to run but eventually
> exits TIMED OUT line 192 (some other number) Terminated. I've observed that
> there is no activity on the DSL when this is going on (I've already
> excluded hardware failure as likely), and that the software is likely not
> communicating with the hardware (even a bad conversation should stimulate
> activity). For a variety of reasons I thought my next logical step should
> be re-compiling RP-PPPOE, however, I've been having difficulty getting the
> source and can't find it mirrored.

Yes, esp since this is slackware no rh.

I'm not sure that the source is available. I would have sent it if I had
it. :)

Did you try a pppoe-sniff? How about pppoeconf? Please tell us more
details. Also, did you check out slackware and pppoe on google? How about
checking pppoe's dependencies and making sure all those are installed?

I'm stumped here, but I'm sure someone else is less so.

Fred