gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:01:30 -0400

Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:09:57PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> Why? Isn't that a sign that you trust Darxus? And you do, don't you,
> since you've signed his key?

No, I believe Darxus is who he says he is. That says NOTHING about
how much I trust him for ANYTHING else. (This is a *really*
important point; the system breaks down without it.)

In theory, I could assign a Darxus a trust level such that I believed
any which he had signed was valid as soon as I imported that key. In
practice, I don't think I trust anyone to that extent. (Or... I
don't trust anyone else not to be duped. Sure, so I could I. But I'd
like to be a first hand dupe. ;^>)

> I have the last 2 memorized, since that's used as keyID. :-)

D'oh! :^>

> Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, Gabe.

Sounds like it's covered.

--