gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:10:28 -0400

Re: Ricochet and various wireless (was: Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?)

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:57:24AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> Water has a simple atmonic structure.  Human cells are complex and may
> be more susceptible to the radiation.  Since we don't have any hard data
> on the radiation levels, I guess were a part of the on-going experiment.

Uh... but precisely what microwaves do well is boil water.

I guess a point I should have made earlier on is that microwave
ovens work because they emit not just a large signal strength but do
it at *exactly* the right frequency to burst H2O molecules. Some of
the *leakage* from microwave ovens may interfere with devices
functioning in the 2.4GHz range, but I don't think that it's been
reliable shown that *anything* running in the 2.4GHz range causes
cancer.

Also, the "2.4GHz range" is quite large... just the fact that
leakage from microwave ovens gets in the way of wireless devices
doesn't mean that those devices are anywhere near each other in the
spectrum. (GHz. As in giga-. Large. :^>)

>  (I'm refering to wireless phones mostly.)

Oh, come on now. How many military officers from the Vietnam era are
running around with brain tumors? This is something we *would*
already be seeing the effects of if we were going to see effects.

> I'm ready to experiment and get a pair of wireless NIC's and gateway
> them through my Linux PC.  8-)

Well, let us know if you feel weaker when you stand between your
laptops and your base station. :^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net