gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:40:26 -0400

Re: Urban EW (was RE: Ricochet and various wireless (was: Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?))

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 01:28:42PM -0400, Charles Stack wrote:
> The LA police is supposedly using something similar to stop vehicles.  The
> officer drives up close and lets the thing fire.  It toasts the fleeing
> vehicle's computer (at least makes it reset) and the vehicle shuts down.

Well, gee, when I take my next job as a getaway driver in LA, I'll
be sure to do it in a pre-computerized car.

Do you think a 1960s Fiat would draw too much attention?

Sheesh...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net