Time on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:42:39 -0400

Mutt & Pine & GnuPG & Mental Health (Re: Urban EW (was RE: Ricochet and various wireless (was: Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?)))

I apologize for beating this dead horse...

I just found out PINE isn't standards compliant to GnuPG useage. If we
have gone over this before I either didn't understand it or wasn't
paying attention, but I definitely missed the buss.

Well, seems even though I have GnuPG setup to run in the PINE MUA
( http://www.clockbot.net/pub/tools/GnuPG ) I can't verify messages sent
to me and signed/encrypted from a MUTT/GnuPG MUA.

Why? Because MUTT attaches the signature instead of putting it into the
message body while PINE puts the sig stuff into the body.

o_O So, PINE, being the easiest for my users to use cannot bring their
security up to par unless they learn MUTT... or do a manual verification
of the attached sig stuff...

O_o This is where I ask if anyone has found a work around for this.

Regards,

Time

   13

   \