Noah silva on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:50:13 +0200

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Wireless/ Co-op?

I don't see how $300- $500 is "a lot" for equipment costs.  I would worry
more about the recurring monthly fee.  if the linkup was 256kbps then you
could split a t1 up into about 4-8 users (depending on how much they used,
but assuming they used it fairly a lot).

I assume you are talking about fixed wireless here.

Another reason 802.11 seems like not such a good idea to me for a wireless
ISP is because... can it automatically hand-off from cell to cell?

 -- noah silva