prefont on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:09:55 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT- Networking Question

I have a similar problem, different hardware.  I bought a Sun 4/40 Sparc IPC (http://www.obsolyte.com/sun_ipc/) box
off ebay, I have no way to hook a monitor up but I did create a cable to
get a console off the serial port
(http://www.obsolyte.com/sunFAQ/serial/), but it has a PROM password :( I can't get
in,,,anyway I tried this method below to try to figure out the IP but
its not working I hooked my debian laptop on one end and a hub(not a
switch as stated)on the other end.  Is there any hope ?  I tried tcpdump
output follows:
debian:~# tcpdump eth0
eth0: Setting promiscuous mode.
device eth0 entered promiscuous mode.
tcpdump: listening on eth0
19:56:44.722493 rarp who-is 8:0:20:f:3f:ab tell 8:0:20:f:3f:ab
(repeated many times)

any advice ? should I use it for parts ? doorstop?
                                 Thanks,
				 - prefont