Paul on Wed, 1 May 2002 13:38:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Publisher 98 to PDF

>         What version of Ghostscript?   Are you embedding fonts?  Did
> you enable compression?   What command line options did you give to
> GS?

I have Ghostscript 7.04 and GSview 4.2 for Windows.  I installed
fonts, but the Postscript file is just a circle image.  I converted
the file using the default options in GSview.  I didn't do it from the
command prompt.  The test file came from the Ghostscript Web site.

>         A PS file is not always smaller than PDF - depends on what is
> in the PS.  As to why use PDF - LOTS of good reasons.  Let me know if
> you want them listed...

How about the top three reasons? 8-) Wasn't that a thread a while
back?

>         Can you be more specific?   Can you post both the PS and PDF
> for me to look at??

I will post a URL to show the actual files that I'm dealing with.
(Right now I have a three-year-old to contend with.)  The problem has
to do with aliasing I believe.