Darxus on Wed, 1 May 2002 22:10:25 +0200

[PLUG] problems with my gpg key on some keyservers

On the 25th of last month, Christophe Barbe pointed out to me that my gpg
key, downloaded from some keyservers, was not useable.  I discussed this
with the folks on the gnupg-users mailing list, and they confirmed this is
a known bug.  The thread starts here:

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2002-April/012826.html

The problem is that when I originally created my key, it had an expiration
date.  When I removed that expiration date, it added a second
self-signature to my sub key, which some servers can't handle (including
pgp.mit.edu).

There are apparently a few different keyserver applications in use, and it
sounds like the only one that can handle my key is
http://keyserver.cryptnet.net/, and it looks like the only keyserver
running this software is gnv.us.ks.cryptnet.net.

This probably isn't much of a problem for anybody here, because you can
probably all figure out that you can get my public key by downloading
http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/phillylinux.gpg.  You can also download
it from http://www.chaosreigns.com/darxus.asc.

But I thought I'd mention it, in case anybody ever came across this
problem and was curious.

--
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the
human mind to correlate all its contents."